Code of Conduct for Alliance Members
This code of professional conduct and practice promotes professional behaviour for the members of the Alliance of Professional Leisure Trainers (APLT).
The central focus of the Code is respect for the individuality of the learner, and the recognition of the need to strive towards excellence in the delivery of education and training programmes.
Members of the Alliance agree to abide by the Alliance's code of conduct by which they will:
1. Put the wellbeing, development and progress of learners at the heart of what they do.
2. Respect the rights of the individual.
3. Take responsibility for maintaining the quality of teaching practice.
4. Demonstrate respect for diversity and promote equality of opportunity.
5. Demonstrate honesty and integrity.
6. Maintain high standards of personal behaviour at all times and to do nothing to bring themselves, the Alliance or the profession into disrepute.
7. Take care to ensure that marketing information provided to learners is accurate and sufficiently detailed.
8. Ensure, as far as possible, that any materials used for training purposes are of good quality and free from error and are up to date and current.
9. Take responsibility for the establishment and maintenance of good relations with fellow professionals.
10. Maintain the integrity of the profession in public and in the media.
11. Maintain the strict confidentiality of personal information collected from learners.
12. Ensure, as far as is possible, that learners achieve their intended learning outcome.
13. Ensure, as far as is practicable, the health, safety and wellbeing of self, learners and colleagues.
14. Engage actively in appropriate Continuous Professional Development.
15. Cooperate fully with authorities, examination boards and other specialist bodies.
16. Not use training opportunities as means of selling chemicals and equipment.