It is intended to offer services to the Alliance members at competitive prices such as:
• The provision of expertise in the internal verification of programmes delivered by Alliance members
• Standardisation activities in order to meet awarding organisation requirements
• The provision of expertise in the quality control of programmes delivered by Alliance members
• Devising appropriate policies and procedures in order for Alliance members, where appropriate, to meet the exacting standards of awarding organisations and other accreditation bodies
• The use of the Alliance logo on stationery and websites
• Links from the APLT website to Alliance members websites
In order to qualify for full membership of the Alliance, the applicant will need to be able to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering high quality education and training within the sport and active leisure industry.
This will be demonstrated by the submission of a current CV, providing evidence of CPD activity within the last twelve months and the ability to provide three referees who can attest to their abilities, their standing in the profession and who will support their application for membership.
Full members of the Alliance will be entitled to use the designatory letters M.A.P.L.T. whilst their membership is current
Benefits of membership The Alliance boasts amongst its members some of the most experienced trainers in the country, so you will be in good company. Being a member of the Alliance will enhance your business opportunities, since membership of the Alliance recognises your professional practice and will give confidence to employers, clients and learners. You will benefit from the collective strength of being part of the UK’s elite academy of leisure trainers, with the promotional and marketing advantages that this will confer. Your services and training products can be showcased on the APLT website. At last you need not have to act alone, as many trainers do, but rather, as you are a member of an Alliance of the UK’s best, which recognises the professional standards that you always strived to achieve.
Membership fees will be £75.00 plus VAT per annum.